Marine Science Remote Educator Outline
Educator Program Outline:
- Pre-Assessment Worksheet-Approximately 15 minutes
Student Workbook PDF or Student Workbook Google Slides
- Live Streaming Lessons*:
- Lesson 1: 1 hour session to show the abundance of plankton in the puget sound and record what kind of plankton we are seeing this time of year.
- Lesson 2: 1 hour lesson of our Live Dive using an ROV to show the life below the surface of the Puget Sound and communicate with our SCUBA divers.
- Lesson 3: 1 hour lesson on Invertebrate Food Chains & Taxonomy including the use of live invertebrates as co-educators
*(To book fill out this google form. Cost of live lessons series is $350/class of up to 30 students. Please inquire about scholarships if needed to email@example.com.)
- Self guided/Review Invertebrate Food Chains Activity-Approximately 30 minutes
- Water Monitoring Video-We will provide water quality data from samples collected on the day of the live streaming portion.-Approximately 30 minutes
- How to make a Plankton Net Video (written instructions)-Approximately 30 minutes
- Protecting Puget Sound Video-Approximately 30 minutes
- Post Program Concept Questions & Projects
- Post Assessment Worksheet-Approximately 15 minutes
Educator Resources & Answer Keys