We are committed to providing educators an opportunity to offer their students a hands-on marine science experience, something that is rare and hard to come by these days. To help you bring our Marine Science Afloat™ program to your school please review the following information:
PLANNING A TRIP
- General trip overview
- Booking Policy and Procedures
- Parent Release of Liability and Photo Release Form - Please return to a staff member when you board the boat.
- Adult Participant Teacher/Chaperone Release of Liability Form.
- Scholarship information
- Sample letter to your PTA/PTSA requesting support (coming soon)
- Funding opportunities: District and private foundations
PREPARING FOR A TRIP
- What to Expect and How to Prepare
- View our program HIGHLIGHTS and GREEN MACHINE videos
- Share some of our CREATURE FEATURES with your students
- Sign up for our mailing list to get our newsletter, filled with the most up-to-date news about our program. Our newsletters are also a good resource for parents to become acquainted with the program.
DURING YOUR TRIP
- Ask questions or share additional information. You know your students best and we want to help bring out the best in them.
- Help pique public interest in educating our youth about Puget Sound. Encourage parent chaperones to take photos and share them (if photo releases were included on your permission slip). Suggest using #marinescienceafloat.
- Fill out our survey provided to you at the end of the trip and encourage parent chaperones to complete them as well. This helps us constantly monitor the quality of our program.